The history of Clophill, Bedfordshire, UK
Including historical descriptions, maps and statistical analysis.
A selection of photos of Clophill schools through the ages
Annie Maud Stimson is in the middle row in front of the tall girl in light blouse with dark trim and buttons. In 1911 she married Thomas Doggett.
Photo and information supplied by Ian and Sue Dilley.
Headmaster (on the right) is Mr Humphrey Cunnington.
This photo is taken at the rear of the Rectory.
It looks like the rector, Horace Rollo Meyer, has invited the children to a tea party on the Rectory lawns.
Humphrey Cunnington was headmaster from 1890 to 1924.
Doris Pitts (2nd row, 6th from right)
Terry Cooper (2nd from right)
Jack Willison, Tim Humphries, unknown.
Kate Jefferies (sitting), Miss Needleham Smith (teacher), Bronwen Doggett.
Jack Willison (2nd from right)
Mary Truin (teacher)
In 1973 a new St Mary's School was built on land behind the old school.
Despite the efforts of some villagers to save it, the old school was demolished.