The history of Clophill, Bedfordshire, UK
Including historical descriptions, maps and statistical analysis.
By cross-linking occupier information in the 1911 Census with occupier information in the 1910 Finance Act survey it is possible to identify some of the present addresses of buildings and hence identify who lived there.
It is not possibly to do it for all census entries for a number of reasons. The buildings may have been demolished, the numbers written on the map by the valuer may be illegible or the map may be missing. See How its done for more information.
|Address||Kind of Building|
|Mill House||Private House|
|First Names||Surname||Relation||Condition||Sex||Age||Birth year||Occupation||Where born|
|Matilda||COURSE||Head||Widow||F||71||1840||Flour Miller||Beds Biggleswade|
|Charles Henry||COURSE||Son||M||37||1874||Assisting In Mill Business||Beds Biggleswade|
|Course, George & son||Lucas, Lord||House & Gdn||High Street|
|Course G.||Course G.||H B & P||The Mill House, High Street||B & T Detached.
Down P L K Pantry S (small) Up 3B. Boxroom. Out B & T Garage. B & T Washhouse. Store. Coalbarn. E.C. Attic. Garden.
|Nice front. Footbridge. No Bath. V. nice indeed.|
|Title||Location||Grade||Number||Date first listed||Date of most recent amendment||Details|
|THE MILL HOUSE||THE MILL HOUSE, HIGH STREET, Clophill, Central Bedfordshire||II||1311993||25 June 1984||NA||House. Early C19. Gault brick with clay tile roof. Double-pile plan, 2 storeys. Symmetrical front elevation. Ground floor has 2 sashes with glazing bars, first floor has 3 sashes with glazing bars, central one slightly narrower. All have gauged brick flat heads. Central round-headed doorway has door of 6 moulded panels, surmounted by semi-circular fanlight with radiatiny glazing bars. Moulded brick eaves cornice. Louvred shutters to all windows. Integral chimney stacks to both gable ends.|