The history of Clophill, Bedfordshire, UK
Including historical descriptions, maps and statistical analysis.
By cross-linking occupier information in the 1911 Census with occupier information in the 1910 Finance Act survey it is possible to identify some of the present addresses of buildings and hence identify who lived there.
It is not possibly to do it for all census entries for a number of reasons. The buildings may have been demolished, the numbers written on the map by the valuer may be illegible or the map may be missing. See How its done for more information.
|Address||Kind of Building|
|1 The Strand||Private House|
|First Names||Surname||Relation||Condition||Sex||Age||Birth year||Occupation||Where born|
|Mary||DANIELS||Head||Widow||F||65||1846||Beds Higham Gobion|
|Elizabeth||DANIELS||Daughter||Single||F||50||1861||Domestic Servant||Beds Maulden|
|Charles||DIX||Lodger||Single||M||21||1890||Master Baker||Beds Flitwick|
|Daniels, Mrs||Haynes Forresters Club. Thompson, Samuel. Haynes||Cottage & pres||Strand|
|Odell G.||Haynes Ancient Order of Foresters Trustees||H & P||No.1 The Strand||B & S End of Terrace.
Down L K Coal barn (internal entrance). Up 3B (2 over barns). Out B & S E.C.